October 20, 2008
Keeping an eye on the Working Capital needs of a business is essential in this world wide economic downturn. That’s why we have produced this handy free Working Capital Calculator to estimate the needs of any small business.
By simply entering a few facts about the business, time raw materials and finished goods are in stock, credit terms given and received to customers and suppliers and estimated sales for the following month, it’s possible to work out the Working Capital requirements for the business using a simple formula. Armed with this knowledge a business can then plan what financing is required or put into place any policies regarding credit lines offered and received.
October 12, 2008
We are pleased to announce that a new batch of stock has been built and will soon appear on our main Shy Kids website.
Shy Kids are UK Timeout Dolls/Corner Dolls/Peek-a-boo dools/hide-and-seek dolls. They are handmade ornimental dolls designed to standing in a corner in Timeout.
We recently moved Web Hosts to new hi-tech high speed servers but this broke our website which is why visitors can’t purchase anything. We are busily trying to build a new website which we hope will be available soon, in the meantime customers can call to place orders or have images of our new stock sent to them for perusal.
As a sneek peek we have a picture below of our most unusual Shy Kid to date, “The Weeping Angel”. Every element of this fabulous new doll has been handmade, from the doll itself of course, to the dress & wings and the Halo. Stunningly realistic this Shy Kid will certainly make an usual unique gift or an incredible conversation piece.
We are hoping our main Shy Kids Website will be available in a couple of weeks time.
Weeping Angel Shy Kid
October 3, 2008
So how can you receive an SMS as an email?
Well, there are several ways to get that SMS to email functionality. The main ones are:
- Have a mobile attached to a PC with some kind of polling software to monitor inbound SMS messages and convert them into an email and send it. This has obvious drawbacks as the PC will need to be on all the time and you have email software installed on the PC in addition to have the technical knowledge to do it
- Another SMS to email solution would be to register a Inbound SMS Geographic Number, this is UK long number that looks like a landline eg 020 718718718 for example. There are a couple of suppliers out there that can provide this including us, prices statrt at £59.95
- The next SMS to email option is Virtual Mobile Numbers, these look like real mobile numbers but are hosted virtually at a main networks SMSC. Virtual Mobile Numbers can receive quite a few SMS at a time 10-20 per second so quite good if you are looking to host competitions or expecting high volume response. We sell these for £600 per year but can get them a little cheaper elsewhere. We add a few extra features with ours which can potentially open up more possibilities for yourselves.
- Next up on the SMS to email front is Hosted SIM, this is where we or another supplier take your SIM card and host it at a datacentre or SMSC. Great throughput again as you are directly connected to the main network and you have the added bonus of keeping your SIM at the end of the subscription period. Hosting a SIM also allows you to accept SMS as email on a foreign number.
- Last up on the SMS to email front are Short Codes. and Short Codes with Keywords. This can be an expensive option for your SMS to email needs, typically £800 to have the same shortcode across all 4 networks or £50 a month per keyword on a Shared Shortcode. Although shortcodes are the most familiar option with most consumers recognising them; it can be just out of the price range for most small businesses.
So there you have it 5 different ways for your business receive SMS as an email, which one you choose is down to your budget or number preference, Geographic Number, Long Mobile number (mobile attached to PC), Long Mobile Number (Virtual Mobile Number), Hosted SIM (Your own number) or a Short Code (5 digit number).
For more information have a look our main FAB Enterprises & Innovations Ltd website where we have a comparision chart for three of these options.
October 2, 2008
Great news we have now completed the first phase of our SMS Autoresponder offering.
SMS Autoresponders work just like regular email autoresponders in that they return a preset piece of information to every message sent to an Mobile Number. We have enabled SMS Autoresponders on our Inbound Geographic Numbers and our new Virtual Mobile Numbers that both receive SMS from UK networks.
We’re hoping to see businesses and organisations come up with creative uses for SMS Autoresponders, one such idea that we have in mind is for schools to be able to provide status updates. If there is bad weather for example parents to Text in to see if the school is closed or not, of course this could be done with an Broadcast SMS but option to Text In could be of benefit. Also lets say if a coach of pupils is running late returning from a field trip, SMS Autoresponders could be set up to give estimated time of arrival, thus allowing parents collecting pupils to make suitable arrangements.
The next phase of our SMS Autoresponders will include the option schedule the response at a later time rather than instant, multiple responses over different times/days and with different Texts and different responses based on keywords in the message received. For more information have a look at www.fabit.com